Wednesday, July 15, 2015

That Guy....I mean, Patrick

I'll set the scene. Its a Sunday morning, the kid and I are playing around and have plans at the zoo later. I'm trying to be busy at all time so as to not think about the ex-husband (I'll tell you later) and Jack. At exactly 8AM, I receive a text that says:

"Are you ever going to explain what happened?"

The number wasn't saved in my phone but I did some detective work (search on Facebook). It was this guy. (linkety link) What the hell? I hadn't heard from him in 6 months. I couldn't even remember what fake name I gave him until I looked at old blog entries.

Patrick. Just seeing the text, even before I knew who it was from, sent a jolt of anxiety through me. It felt accusatory. And yeah, I didn't end things as nicely as I could have. I told him I was sorry but I couldn't be in a relationship with him. And then I ghosted, which I know is not very mature, but we'd been on 3, maybe 4 dates, so I didn't feel like I owed him a lot.

It was just so bizarre that I told Kate about it. Kate is an amazing text ghostwriter. She gave me a text that I could copy any past to him but agreed that my initial thought, to just ignore him, was a fine plan.

Six months had gone by. We dated for a few weeks and I had completely forgotten about him except for a discussion with girlfriends about the worst sex we've ever had. Oops. Sorry Patrick. But not sorry enough to respond to your text and get tangled up in drama.

No comments:

Post a Comment