Monday, July 13, 2015

My Kid is Amazing

The break up with Jack was about a week ago. I'm not doing great. Every time I wake up, from a nap or in the morning, I remember all over again that he's gone. That I let someone see all the ugly parts of me and it made him not want me anymore. So yeah, I'm feeling fragile and trying to fake it till I make it.

Today I went to the zoo with my kid and some friends. I don't remember exactly how the conversation went but I said sarcastically, "Ok then Kate, are you going to be my boyfriend?"
And from the stroller I was pushing, a little voice pipes up, "Mommy, I'll be your boyfriend!" Adorable.

Later we were home playing trucks. Kiddo noticed I was sad.
"Why are you sad Mommy?"
"I have a friend I want to play with, but he doesn't want to play with me."
"Well I'll play with you!"

I love this kid so much.

We had a dance party to a song with completely inappropriate lyrics. We jumped and ran and danced all over the house. Kiddo helped me put away the clean dishes and we had dinner together. We did bathtime and storytime and bedtime. At times, its a little lonely to be home with just a toddler for company. He can talk and communicate great, advanced for his age even, but our topics are limited. But the flip side is that nothing is complicated with Kiddo. Someone won't play with you? I'll play with you. Every problem can be solved within 5 minutes. Every boo boo is healed with a kiss. And Kiddo gave me a lot of kisses.


No comments:

Post a Comment