Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Flipping Out

Saturday I went out to Pride with Kate. Saturday night I stayed at Jack's. Sunday I had no clean underwear so I wore a skirt and nothing under it. I wasn't doing it to be sexy, I just did not have clean underwear with me. I made no teasing comments or gestures.

We were sitting on the couch and he kept flipping up my skirt, saying I should "let that breathe." Jack flipping up my skirt made me feel embarrassed. I told him not to do it. Then we went outside and he flipped up my skirt twice more. If I didn’t like it in your living room, why would you do it out in public?

I got mad because I kept telling him not to do it. I started to yell He shushed me. I got too mad to talk so I left. When I calmed down, we tried to have a conversation but it didn't really go well. I don't think he understood, or if he did he trivialized, my embarrassment and anger at being disrespected. I just don't think that flashing someone else's ass is how you would treat someone you love. Jack's version of events is that I'm mad a lot and he never knows what will set me off.

The whole next week felt stilted and awkward.

No comments:

Post a Comment