Thursday, July 2, 2015

Aggravated

I'm trying not to be frustrated about this because saying it out loud makes me realize how small this is, but Jack is a shitty texter.  He has been as long as I've known him. He's not very responsive, which fine- some people aren't attached to their phones, but he rarely initiates contact with me. It makes me crazy because he'll talk about being "deeply committed to me" say that it's inevitable that we'll move in together one day, etc. But he can't find 30 seconds to tell me "hi."

I asked him about it once. I acknowledged that maybe he wasn't a "texty" person, but he interrupted me to say that he is a texty person and that he would try to do better. Jack has not done better and that conversation was weeks ago. I guess I'm just extra frustrated about it this week because we haven't seen each other in quite a few days, which is unusual for us. Additionally, Jack was sick for 2 weeks and I would come over and keep him company and take care of him, or as much as he would let me try to take care of him. So we haven't really gone anywhere or had any conversations requiring much thought because for 2 weeks, we kept everything low key.

And now he's better and back at work and posting all over to Twitter and Facebook and Instagram. But he can't contact me. I'm a pretty strong believer that if a guy is into you, he'll let you know. So Jack's talking the talk but not walking the walk.

And I'm sick of it. Its just a small thing, on both sides of this coin. "Why can't you just trust that he cares about you even if he doesn't text you basically ever?" ok "But why can't he take 30 seconds and just send a damn text if he knows it will make me happy?"

I'm pretty fucking irritated today especially. Everything that keeps Jack busy is of his own choosing. He stays up too late, he has too many hobbies, he commits to too many projects and he oversleeps basically everyday despite multiple clocks with multiple alarms. Weekends, he may not even get out of bed until noon. Or later. It feels like the behavior of a teenager, not a man who's pushing 40 and should get his ass out of bed.

I know you can't change a person. And you really shouldn't want to. So the question is, is this something I can live with or not? I don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment