Friday, November 14, 2014

William

William and I connected on Tinder and OkCupid. Since it was clearly a sign from above that we needed to at least meet, we did.

William had advertised that he was 6 feet tall. He pretty clearly was not, I'd say 5'10. I'm 5'8 so I'm a good estimator. But, he was so hot. Hot hot hot. William's body is sick. He's in incredible shape, hikes, works out, crossfit, the whole thing. He's freaking ripped. Instead of making chit chat, I wanted his body on my body. Stat.

Instead, we met at a bar in my neighborhood and made polite conversation. He seemed kind and like his life was on track. He comes from a very large family which is always a source of amusement for me, an only child. I didn't realize it, but it was open mic night at the bar. No one was participating but one guy who was playing guitar and singing an original song he had written about the internet.

Since our ears were bleeding, William and I decided to head to a different bar. The bill came and we split it, which never thrills me. We walked down the street to another bar and ordered our third drinks of the evening and a chicken quesadilla to split. The conversation keeps flowing and William seems like a very polite and nice person.

I had a nagging suspicion that I was significantly smarter than him. I know this sounds braggy but facts are facts. I'm smart. Pretty darn smart. I'm slightly bugged by the thought that I'm going to be the smart one in the relationship. But then William surprises me and all by himself, he steers the conversation towards discussing books we have recently read.

Holy shit. I think I might like this guy. We split the bill at the bar and walk back to our cars. Now I'm worried that William doesn't like me. I usually only have to offer to split the bill. Him allowing me to pay is throwing me off balance.

But we get to my car and he tells me he had fun and that we should do it again. We make tentative plans for the next weekend. We move in to hug goodbye and he asks if I kiss on the first date. HAHAHA! I've done much more on a first date, not that I'm trying to make a habit of it. So we kiss. I'm getting a shiver just remembering it. It was a good kiss. He breaks off in the middle of the kiss to tell me I'm a good kisser. We kiss a little more and then have to really part ways because its about 12 degrees outside and William doesn't have gloves.

The next day he messaged me to tell me again that he had fun and to give me his number. I gave him my number. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment