Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Is This Normal?


Observe:

I've only ever dated in Seattle, and barely even that. I have like a year of experience. Is it different in other cities?

I guess to a certain extent, anything not a one night stand is going to be interview-y. "Who are you? What do you like to do? Are you a nice person?" I guess if you're just spitting question after question, yeah, it would feel like being grilled by Barbara Walters. But I like to think I'm a better conversationalist than that. There should be an ebb and flow, a give and take.

And if a guy is polite, he answers the question and then asks for your answer. Observe:

Me: "So, do you have siblings?"

Him: "Yep. Two brothers."

....

You could tell me about them. Older? Younger? Do they live around here? Or at least say, "What about you?" Because recent slut-ventures aside, I want a man that wants to know me. I don't want to have to just start telling my life story to an unwilling audience. I want a man that gives me the feeling that he is curious about the person that I am. Not counting the minutes until he can ask if our genitals should be friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment