Sunday, November 16, 2014

Jay

Jay and I met on OKCupid and made dinner plans for the same night we started talking. He was so very tall and handsome and the way he wrote and how smart he was made me immediately interested.

We had dinner at a restaurant down the street from my house. Jay was just as talkative as I am. The conversation was fast paced and sparkling. When the restaurant got too loud we left because we wanted to keep talking. We couldn't find anywhere quiet enough so we settled on a bench on the sidewalk and talked and talked. About everything. About real stuff. Stuff you don't usually talk about on the first date. We just clicked.

We went back to my house because it was getting too cold and I really wanted to make out with Jay. We started out kissing on the couch but we moved quickly to bed. We had sex. I really don't want to make a habit of moving so fast but we had an undeniable connection.

We stayed up until 3 AM talking. We didn't want the night to end but recognized that we should get to sleep at some point. I wouldn't let him spend the night because while sex is one thing, I can't let my guard down and sleep around just anyone.

I could listen to him talk for hours about anything and everything. Jay is 4 years older than me but he's done a lot of living. He has a story for every occasion. I think maybe he was nervous because he was talking so quickly that I was worried he was on some kind of upper. He kept saying, "God you're pretty." and at another point "I'd kill men to have sex with you." Which sounds weird now as I type it, but it made more sense in context and was very complimentary.

Just being around Jay makes me feel special. On the one hand, I feel like I'm not nearly as smart or funny as he is. But on the other hand, I feel like I must be someone special if he's willing to spend time with me. He's like the sun. He's bright and warm and delightful, but I know not to get too close.

No comments:

Post a Comment