Wednesday, April 29, 2015

The Bright Spot in a Dreary Day

I had to take the kid to his first dentist appointment. His dad came too. Kiddo wanted no part of it, his dad and I had to restrain him Guantanamo Bay style to allow the dentist to brush and check his teeth.
Through his tears, Kiddo kept saying, "I want Daddy." Over and over.

It broke my heart that he was so upset about the dentist situation, but it also stung that he was asking for Daddy and not me. On my way to work Jack and I were texting and I mentioned the horror show at the dentist. I asked my mom-friends on Facebook who reassured me that this is just a phase and I was feeling mostly better.

But he had flowers delivered to  me at work. The card was so sweet and said, in part, "Not all days are gonna be perfect, but you're pretty close!"

I love this man.

No comments:

Post a Comment