Thursday, April 23, 2015

First date with Jack

I kept meaning to write about this while it was fresh in my mind. But I didn't. So this is what I remember.

All week leading up to it, I was nervous. The morning of the date, I hated all my clothes and had nothing to wear. I felt sick to my stomach with nerves all day at work. I wanted to bail and spend that Friday night on the couch in my sweats. This was a good sign because it meant I actually cared about the outcome. I've gotten nervous before dates on other occasions and eventually got a mindset of "Fuck it, at least I can get drunk and it will turn out fun one way or another."

Jack picked me up from work and we drove to the East Side for dinner. His GPS got us lost and I could tell he was frustrated and embarrassed. I kept assuring him that being lost didn't matter because we weren't on a strict deadline. We found the restaurant and had a nice dinner of Thai food and exchanged funny stories. After dinner we still had a lot of time before the comedy show would start so I suggested Frozen Yogurt. His GPS got us lost again.

No matter, we had froyo, and went to the comedy show. Shared a brief kiss at our table. We weren't done hanging out so we went to a bar. And kissed a little more. The bar was noisy so we sat in his car in the parking lot and talked and laughed and kissed for hours. It was getting too cold in the car but I still wasnt ready for him to go, so we went to my house to sit and talk and kiss on my couch.

No sex. Scouts honor!

But Jack stayed until about 3am. I had the best time and still wasn't ready for him to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment