Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Steve #4

So when I left off, I had spent the night with Steve. I liked him and he seemed nice enough. The next time I saw him, I went to his apartment.  It was the last time we would see each other because he was going to be away for about two months. We had sex and then I was basically shown the door. 

I felt cheap and stupid. I spent hours wandering around downtown. Stopped in a tattoo parlor and considered getting some ink. My mom happened to text me and ask what I was doing. I told her and she responded, "Nice girls don't have tattoos." 

All I could think is, "Good thing I'm not a nice girl." But I couldn't commit to a tattoo. So I kept walking and then stopped in a Catholic church. I went to Catholic school from Kindergarten through high school. So it was a familiar setting. I thought I could clear my head, I tried to pray. Nothing felt right. So I walked a few more blocks and stopped in a bar. I claimed a seat and sat and drank and watched football for hours. Until I felt pathetic and decided to go home. 

Steve and I texted a bit after he left.  Sporadic and about nothing in particular. Sexting on one occasion. And then he ghosted. Meh. 

Then one day in March, I get a text from him:

2:40AM
2:40AM
Tell me that's not a booty call. Seriously. Look me in the eyes and tell me what other kind of discussion that was meant to be.

I wasn't awake so I didn't respond until later the next day. Steve says he'll be back in town again in May, doubting I'll hear from him, but I don't really have much to say to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment