Friday, April 3, 2015

Matthew #4

Matthew and I had plans. He was to come over to my neighborhood and we'd have dinner and whatever else. But there was radio silence. I knew Matt had been out drinking the night before. And not just, "drinking," but "DRINKING." So I assumed he had a hangover.

But I was done with work....nothing.

I rode the bus home....nothing

I sent a text or two, "we still on for tonight?".....nothing.

At this point, I'm pissed.  I do not get stood up. I'm not having that shit.

I change my plans and resolve to go for a run instead. Go home, shower, put on sweats.  I mentally prepare myself for the realization that this guy is blowing me off. I get irritated, not even mad anymore, and kind of let it go. I wasn't that invested in him, I wasn't making long range plans around him. Oh well, on to the next.

Then magically, Matt texts. He's apologetic and says that he was very hungover and sick and is very sorry that he didn't respond earlier but still wants to get together.

Ughhhhh. Fine. I agree to meet up with him, mentally making a note that this is his Strike 1. There is no Strike 2. I know, I'm harsh, but listen, I don't have room in my life to have a relationship with another fuck up. Matt says he'll pick me up in two hours.

TWO. HOURS. 2 hours, like 1......2....?

Fiiiiiiiiinnnnnne. I'm not please but I get dressed, do my hair and make up. Again. And then sit and wait and wait and wait for him.

Matt comes and picks me up. He opens the car door for me, he lets me pick the restaurant, he picks up the tab and waves away my offer to pay. But he's not very good company. He's still semi hungover and I'm just irritated with this whole situation, partly because of his behavior, but partly because I was hangry from waiting for Matt's late ass to meet me for dinner.

We're sitting, I'm trying to make conversation, when a group of 5 guys walk in. Matt knows them from college. They all say hi to each other, just pleasantries, and Matt introduces me as his, "Friend." Barf.

Matt didn't need to say I was his girlfriend, I'm not wanting that, or ready for it. But "friend."
Dude. Just say, "This is Natalie." Don't fucking friendzone me when you've seen me naked.

So after dinner, I have Matt drop me off, he walks me to the door, I give him a compulsory kiss and call it a night. I'm pretty much over this dude.

No comments:

Post a Comment