Friday, April 24, 2015

Giddy as a School Girl

Jack and I have seen each other at least every other day since the barbeque at his house. I'm absolutely sold on this man.

One day this week, he came over after work. I made dinner, we sat at the table and caught up on our days, like an actual couple. Then we sat on the couch and ignored our phones and the tv and just talked. Talked and talked and kissed and kissed. Finally at 11:30 we decided to call it a night. Its so hard to have him leave. I know I'll see him again soon, but I feel comfortable with him. It's hard to send him away.

The next day, we talked about having him spend the night. Adorably, Jack was just as nervous as me. I'm loving the contrast between Jack and I and whatever it is we're doing, (I hesitate to use the word relationship because it seems like too big of a word, for now) and every other relationship I've had. Jack and I are upfront and communicative about anything and everything. There is a great give and take. We have so much in common. So so so so much. But he balances me.

The day after we talked about having Jack spend the night, he came to my house again. I picked up take out and we watched a movie while we ate. Then we spent hours talking and kissing and talking. I said, "I don't want you to have to go home, but it's getting late."

He said, "Ask me to stay."
"Stay"
"Ok"

And he did. Jack brought a tiny overnight bag. We went upstairs and got ready for bed. I was a little nervous, but I'm sure Jack was more nervous. But somehow, it felt almost natural. A little awkward changing in front of each other. But we got our teeth brushed and got into bed. We are such chatter boxes that we mostly just talked for another hour or two, but we did fool around a bit. We haven't "sealed the deal," so to speak.

Snuggling up with Jack all night felt right.  Unfortunately, we talked so much that we only got about 3 hours of sleep. The next day at work was a struggle to stay awake and be somewhat competent at my job. But interspersed with all the yawning, Jack and I hashed out some things. I think we are making progress towards being a relationship. And a healthy, possibly long lasting one. I guess time will tell. I'm excited for the potential future we have together but I'm also trying to just enjoy everything as it unfolds.

I'm so very very happy right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment