Thursday, February 5, 2015

The Best Medicine

When I woke up this morning I wasn't sure if I was still drunk or hung over. Either way, I made it in to work and its lucky that I did because two of my girls called out sick.

I went out last night with Hannah, who I hadn't met before, and Kate, who I've met once but it was later in the night and I was at least 4 drinks in. So I was charming and awesome, obviously. We met up for late night happy hour and dinner. I had so much fun! These girls are my kind of girls. Over dinner and drinks we gossiped about all sorts of stuff. It felt like I'd known them for much longer.
 
After dinner we went down the street to my favorite hidden bar in Edmonds, which Hannah already knew about (bonus points for her). The 3 of us sat at the bar and made conversation with the bartender and the two men already in the bar. One was a middle aged guy who told a rape joke, and then bought all our drinks. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That other guy tho. 

He was hot. He wasn't especially articulate and I didn't really care. The guy was Canadian and only in town for one more day until he flew back for whatever the fuck his job was, but it was in Equatorial Guinea. Random but whatever. Kate and Hannah were amazing team players, solid wingwoman. Random Canadian guy and I kept getting closer and closer to each other. Then at last call, he got up and said, "goodnight ladies." and disappeared. Oh well. 

I felt a little like an asshole for spending time at the bar trying to hook up with this guy while Kate and Hannah caught up with each other, but as we left the bar, they said they were bummed that he left too. "We were trying to get you laid!" Damn, such good friends! We made plans to get together again on Valentine's Day to drink and talk more. I can't wait!

And I have Valentine's brunch plans with 3 other girlfriends. And tentative karaoke plans with my neighbor in March. Solid progress on my "be a better friend" endeavor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment