Thursday, August 13, 2015

Cancelled

Twice this week, Jack and I have had plans. Twice this week, Jack has gotten held up at work and had to cancel.

On Monday, the first time this week he did this, I was pissed. He texted to let me know that he was held up and very sorry but wouldn't make it tonight. I just responded, "Ok."
I was upset because it had been two weeks since we'd been together.
I was mad that I let myself get my hopes up.
I was exasperated because Jack does this semi-frequently.

Tuesday I had plans with someone else.
Wednesday, Jack and I made plan, again. And he cancelled, again.
Honestly, by that time, I was expecting him to get hung up at work and I had a lovely evening to myself. I didn't have any emotional response. I think I thought, "Huh" to myself, shrugged, and had a bowl of ice cream for dinner because I could.

Thursday, Jack and I made plans again. And he actually came over!
We sat on the couch and talked for the longest time. We had a lot to catch up on. I helped him with a small project for one of his businesses. It was light and casual and fun.

I don't know how healthy this plan is, but if I keep my expectations low, I can't be disappointed.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

No comments:

Post a Comment