Friday, August 14, 2015

A Potential Convert

My friend Jessica and I love Taylor Swift. Like, a lot. Like, almost a concerning amount of love for Queen Taylor. We've seen her in concert together twice, and a few times without each other. We know all the words to all the songs, we're up on the latest Taylor news and gossip, we evaluate her boyfriends to determine if they are worthy of Her. We're a little crazy together, its silly fun.

Currently, Taylor is on her 1989 World Tour. Of course, Jessica and I had tickets. Tickets in the pit. Until the day we get backstage and meet Her Majesty, pit tickets are as close as we can get.

Anyway, Jessica and I went to the concert, had a blast, made some new friends, saw Fetty Wap, Ciara, Russell Wilson and Queen Taylor. After the show, Jessica went home with another friend. Since my kid was with my parents for the night, earlier in the day I asked Jack if I could come by. With traffic and everything, I didn't walk in his door until about 12:30 AM. But Jack had not only waited up for me, but he had freshly made chocolate chip cookies waiting.

He asked about the show and told me he had done some Taylor research. This peaked my interest and I asked what he learned, and why. "Since it's practically your religion, I thought I should know a bit more." That was so endearing. My birthday was a few weeks away. Jack told me he'd been looking to get me something autographed by Taylor, but when that proved to be pricey, Jack read some lyrics, trying to find something he could cross stitch, but all the good quotes were too long.

At this point, I don't care if he just gives me a hug and a card for my birthday. The fact that he would even attempt to learn more about Taylor Swift, when Jack has NO interest in her, was meaningful enough for me.

We talked for a while and then got ready for bed. We hadn't spent the night together since the break up. I was worried it might be awkward. It was not awkward, if anything, our sexual chemistry was better than before. We stayed up until 5 AM, catching up and...whatnot. I told Jack that he has this way with his hands, its not even necessarily sexual it can be just holding my hand, but the way he touches me, makes me feel special and beautiful and safe.

In the morning, Jack made me pancakes. I felt spoiled and lucky, feelings I'm not used to, but certainly could get used to.

No comments:

Post a Comment