Monday, June 29, 2015

The Guy and The Kid

I didn't find out until later, but after he met my son, Jack went home and had long conversations with his stepdad and his best friend (who has children and stepchildren) about how to handle this. I don't know the details and I don't want to pry, but whatever they said to Jack, worked like magic.  The nerves between Jack and Kiddo disappeared. With everyone relaxed, it was much easier to get to know each other and have fun.

My Kiddo thinks Jack is the coolest. They play trucks and cars together. Kiddo asks that Jack read one bedtime story to him and I read the other. Jack has come with us to the park and played around on the jungle gym with us. Jack came along on a couple of adventures. We went for a walk and Kiddo asked to hold one hand of each of our so we could swing him. If Jack hasn't been around for a few days, or if I'm cutting up Jack's favorite vegetable, Kiddo asks if Jack is coming for dinner. We are all getting along really well.

I can't tell you how adorable they are together. And how much of a turn on it is to see that the man I'm falling in love with is good with my son. I feel incredibly lucky and like I hit the dating jackpot with this man.

Of course, its not all fairy tale, we all have flaws, but I could easily see us being a happy little family one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment