Friday, June 19, 2015

Slut-tacular!

Jack does stand up comedy as a hobby sporadically. After work on a weeknight, I picked up my friend Kate, had dinner and too many drinks and went to see Jack perform. It was callbacks from open mic night, so lots of comedians, no big names.

Jack was the opener which is a tough spot. I could tell he was nervous, but he did fine. I sat with Kate and one of her roommates, Shane. The night progressed and there were a bunch of comedians, most were funny, a few were pretty awful.

I got up to use the restroom and noticed Steve. Steve, the comedian that I was fucking for a while, Steve. Awesome.

I went to the restroom and completely planned to pretend like I didn't know Steve at all. I stood in the back with Jack waiting for a break in the action so I could go back to my seat. Then the host called Steve up to start his set. As Steve walked by, my drunk ass said to Jack, "Uh oh. I know him from Tinder."

"Does he know you from Tinder?" Asked Jack
"Yup."

I slinked back to my seat to inform Kate that two people I've fucked were performing tonight. She thought this was hilarious and no big deal. I was not thrilled with my life choices at that moment. The show went on and eventually ended. I had to go to the restroom again and while walking across the room, Steve goes, "Heyyyyy Natalie" in a way that I feel like was maybe supposed to make me embarrassed? I said hi, went pee, and then went to find Jack.

I have heard there are girls who will fuck their way through the comedy circuit. I am not that girl. I mean, I'm a slut, but the fact that I've been with two comedians is coincidence. That they would be performing at the same place at the same time, especially when Steve was supposed to be living in LA now, was just shit luck.

Jack, because he is a grown ass man and never flustered by anything I throw at him (not literally) didn't really care. The thing with Steve was short lived and I hadn't talked to him in months. Jack was so understanding and nonchalant about the whole thing. Which was great because I was so embarrassed at the time.

Now, it's just a weird thing that happened once. I can almost laugh about it, but not quite. Give me two drinks and another few months and I'll think this is hilarious.

No comments:

Post a Comment