Monday, March 2, 2015

Brady

Brady and I met online, as per usual for me. Right away, we had similar taste in tv shows, he had a sense of humor and seemed genuinely interested in getting to know me. We texted for about a week before our schedules aligned and we could meet up for a date. I really enjoyed texting with Brady. He seemed to have an active enough social life, a real job, and he was unfailingly respectful. In a weeks worth of texts, he never hinted around asking for pictures, he never made innuendo.

Brady and I met up on a Friday night, it turned out to be the day before Valentine's Day. We met at a bar in the Wallingford neighborhood. He had a small box of chocolates for me because "its almost Valentine's Day." I thought that was so sweet and thoughtful because I was fully intending to ignore Valentine's Day, at least with Brady, I had awesome Galentine's Day plans with my girlfriends, but that's a story for another day.

We chatted through two rounds of cocktails and truffle popcorn. I wasn't immediately attracted to Brady, his voice seemed a little high at first. There wasn't an instant click. But the more we talked, the more I was intrigued. I wanted to know more about him, I wanted to listen to him. But in a surprise twist, Brady was one of the first dates in a long time who asked me questions, thoughtful real questions, deeper than just "what's your favorite color?"

We moved from the first bar, to another down the street and ordered dinner. Still talking and laughing and having fun. After dinner, we drove to his place, parked our cars and walked 3 blocks or so, to a divey Chinese restaurant that has karaoke 7 nights a week. Over two more rounds of drinks and watching others sing karaoke, with varying degrees of success, Brady and I each took a turn at singing. I went first, sang a Weezer song, nothing fancy. Brady sang "Use Somebody" by Kings of Leon. I never liked that band. I never liked that song. But something about Brady singing it, was irresistible.

Yep, I decided, I like this man. We decided to call it a night and walked back to his place. Brady got his dog and we went for a quick walk around the block. With a pause to kiss. With his dog safely back in the condo, Brady walked me to my car. We kissed some more. But nothing further. He didn't try to press his luck, and I liked that about  him.

It started to rain, so we said our goodbyes and Brady asked me to let him know that I got home safe. I love when they do that. Its a small thing, but it means a lot to me. Once my car was parked, I let Brady know I was home. "Good! Now come back over, I wanna make out :-)"

Anyways, we have a second date set up for tomorrow. I really like him. He seems different from my other experiences with men. I'm cautiously optimistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment