Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Brady #2

Brady and I met up again for dinner. It was supposed to be dinner and a movie, but I double booked myself and had happy hour (and a burger) with Jessica from work and then drinks (and more dinner) with Brady.

He's nice enough. We joked around and didn't lack for things to talk about all through dinner. But as I was telling Jessica, I feel like there is a HUGE divide because we grew up so differently. I'll be blunt and say that it should like out of his whole family (mom, dad, and 3 sisters) Brady is the only one who even marginally has his shit together. If he and I keep dating, if I meet his family, they are going to think I'm a snob and a brat. And maybe I am. Whatever. I'm just a bit concerned. And neither of us can help the way we were raised.

After dinner we went back to his place. Sat on the couch with his dog and watched Netflix. We weren't touching, not holding hands, nothing. It was a weeknight for me so I didn't stay very late. Brady walked me to my car and we kissed a bit. Not bad but definitely not amazing.

A week or so later, Brady and I met up on a Sunday morning. We went to brunch and then the zoo. We walked over the whole place, making snarky sarcastic commentary the whole time. I linked arms with him once. And maybe 3 times, Brady would put his hand on the small of my back to steer me through the crowds. It didn't feel affectionate.

After the zoo, we hung out at Brady's place while his roommate make dinner. We chatted a bit. Brady walked me to my car. We kissed a bit. I left. I think I'm done here. Our interactions seem to be more friendly than romantic. I can't tell if Brady just has no game or he's not interested in me. I've been pulling back, starting to try and phase him out.

Brady is a fairly nice guy but the spark isn't there. Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment