Monday, September 7, 2015

Why I'm Like This (Part 2 in a never-ending series)


Why I'm Like This (Part 2 in a never-ending series of how my parents are fucked up).

Its super trendy to have your hair dyed outrageous colors now. Some of my hair is purple. Not all of it, not even half of it. Its most noticeable when My hair is up, like in a ponytail.

My parents were in town this weekend. My dad pointed out my hair, said, "you have some purple stuff. Eww."

When I told him that was rude and that he would never say "ew" to anyone else on the planet (stranger, co worker, friend, etc), my mom told me I was taking it the wrong way. I asked what other way "ew" can be interpreted. Then they told me that its different because they are my parents and can talk to me like that.

Eventually my dad grudgingly said sorry. It was pretty clear he didn't mean it, but I dropped it.

According to them:
They are never wrong. I am always wrong. I am always too sensitive. My emotions are always my own fault and they are never responsible for the words they say. 

No comments:

Post a Comment