Monday, May 11, 2015

L-O-V-E

There's no beating around the bush: I'm in love. I'm so in love with this man. The way he talks to me, and about me, the way he is so thoughtful, so tender and caring, so passionate, its like nothing I've ever felt.

Jack is the best part of my day. I feel like a beam of pure happiness when I'm with him. I miss him as soon as we have to part.

I can't ever remember feeling like this in past relationships. Tom said "I love you" first and I wasn't really ready but I knew I'd get there so I said it back. It seemed like the polite thing to do. With my ex-husband, I can't really remember who said it first or the circumstances around it. I know we must have been young, too young to really know what those words mean.

So now I'm in a semi-weird spot. We haven't been together very long. I don't know if I'm allowed to say it yet. The way he looks at me and talks to me, I know Jack loves me too. I just know it.

I also know that I'm more forward that he is. But I want to wait. I've been "following the rules" with every step where Jack is concerned and so far its paid off. I think he is that almost mythical "One."

So I can afford to be patient.

No comments:

Post a Comment