Monday, May 4, 2015

How do I ?

How do I do the dating thing and the mom thing? When is it ok for those worlds to overlap?

I've been dating the most amazing man (Jack) for about a month. He's briefly met my son at a BBQ and I figured that was fine because Jack and I weren't dating yet and there were enough other people there that Kiddo was busy playing with puppies and doing his own thing and it didn't seem overly formal or like a big deal.

Yesterday, I flew home from DC. Jack picked me up from the airport last night and spent the night at my house. I had today off work and Jack played hooky.  We went out and had fun all day and then it was time to pick Kiddo up from the Nanny's. Because of traffic and everything, it made the most sense to pick up Kiddo and then go home so Jack could get his car.

So Jack came with me to get Kiddo, and then we were all hungry so we went out to dinner together. I introduced Jack as my friend and we didn't make a big deal out of it and they both had a good time, but I just feel guilty like I've done something wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment