Tuesday, December 30, 2014

What I want

"I want someone who will be monogamous and nice to his mother. And I want someone who likes musicals, but knows to just shut his mouth when I'm watching Lost. And I want someone who thinks being really into cars is lame and strip clubs are gross. I want someone who will actually empty the dishwasher instead of just taking out forks, as needed, like I do. I want someone with clean hands and feet and beefy forearms like a damn Disney prince. And I want him to genuinely like me even when I'm old. And that's what I want." -Liz Lemon (Tina Fey)

This is a quote from 30 Rock, but its no less true for me. But instead of Lost, please hush up when I'm watching a crime show. I need all the clues and evidence so I can solve the crime. Obviously.

I want a man who is sweet and kind. Who makes me think, "This is real love, this is how its supposed to be." Who does thoughtful gestures. Who will kill spiders for me and take out the trash because those are my least favorite things to do.

I want a man who good to my kid. Who sees him as a bonus not baggage. Who doesn't try to be a replacement dad, just a good role model. Who will to show my son how a good man treats the woman he loves. Who wants to come to the park with us.

I want a man who is a man. Who is driven and has a good work ethic. Who can fix things around the house and change a flat tire. Who is strong but gentle. Who has not just a job but a career. Who pays his own bills and knows how to file his taxes. Who is done living the college life and wants to have a partner, not a mommy.

I want a man who is a good kisser. Who is passionate and affectionate. Who is willing to communicate. Who will still want to take me out on a date even if we've been together for years. Who will let me go out with the girls and not worry or pout, because he knows I'm coming home to him.

I want a man who is smart. Who knows I'm smart too, and thinks that's good. Who likes to go boogie boarding or go karting, but equally enjoys watching football on the couch. Who will let me into his heart and mind, and make me feel safe enough to share my heart and mind with him as well.

It would also be pretty great if he could be at least semi-handsome, know how to cook more than ramen, and clean the bathroom every once in a while.

And that's what I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment