Thursday, October 16, 2014

Robert #1

Robert and I met on OKCupid. We had a lot in common, only children, a love of Calvin and Hobbes, little things but we built a good conversation and picked a Saturday to meet for dinner.

For our first date, he brought me Game of Thrones Season 4 on a flash drive. A thoughtful gesture since he knew I hadn't seen it yet. Throughout dinner there were awkward silences and I wasn't sure we were clicking.

After dinner we planned to go to one of my favorite dive bars to play trivia together. When the trivia host announced there were 8 rounds of trivia, Robert looked pained. "We don't have to stay," I offered, "I know this is quite the time commitment for a first date." But he said we could stay and play, so we did. I was pretty on point that night. Robert talked a big game about being good at trivia, but he didn't really pull his weight.

After trivia, he wanted to move to a quieter bar. So we did. I was getting weird vibes from him. The awkward silences still happened. There was no physical contact and I was pretty sure Robert was not interested.

We had another round of drinks at the afterhours bar. Then he held my hand and drove me home. At some point in the date, he had made a joke that he ended dates, "with a firm handshake." We parked in my driveway. I thanked Robert for dinner and drinks and going to trivia with me. I asked for my firm handshake. He grabbed my hand and pulled me in for a kiss.

What a kiss.

We went inside and made out on the couch until midnight. He was easily one of the top 3 kissers of all time. I had been only sort of attracted to him, but a kiss like that could drop panties. A kiss like his makes a smart girl stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment